by Mickey Mixon
There are job fairs on campuses. Though you are in a university or college, companies do visit at times to invite you to apply for a job before graduation. This on-campus interviewing is indeed a great help for students and those who are finishing up their education and need to move from student to employee.
The campus job interviews are an opportunity that has to be grabbed by students who are interested in landing a job before graduation, and even those that just need the practice of going thru an interview.
What should you take as pointers in an interview within the school campus?
* Research the companies that are going to visit your school. This would enable you to choose what jobs you want to apply for and definitely prepare for it.
* Remind yourself of the steps you need to take in order for you to do a good job at a job interview.
* Be aware of your competitors.
* Make sure that you know what you have to bring to the interview.
* You have to be punctual. If the job fair starts at 9am, be there at 8:30am.
* Associate your answers to the mission and vision of the company. This would be impressive to the interviewer. The mission statement and vision statement can be found usually on the company website.
* Most of all, wear the coat of confidence. Your self-esteem is your best asset.
It would be to your advantage to grab every employment interview opportunity that comes your way. Be sure to be at your best, so that you will have the chance to land a job, and start work right after graduation.
Keep faith in your potential and be prepared for the interview. Who knows? You may get that job offer.
About the Author – Mickey Mixon
Sugar Land Businessman Mickey Mixon is a Licensed Private Investigator, www.AIB-Inc.com and a Talented Internet Marketer specializing in New Media and Affiliate Marketing http://PopGoesTheBiz.com . Mickey’s career includes a 15 year career in Houston Texas area retailing, owning stores in 5 malls until 1998. In 1997 he formed the PI firm American Information Bureau/American Investigation Brokers LLC. In 1996 he published his first book, Job Search Survival ,with an updated edition released on July 4, 2009. He is also Ministry Coordinator for the SCBC Job’s Ministry in Sugar Land TX. Contact Mickey at JobSearchSurvival@gmail.com http://www.JobSearchSurvival.com